Baked Potato Skins
An easy at home recipe for a restaurant classic made healthy by baking the potatoes instead of frying them.
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save pulp for another use). Place potatoes skins on a greased baking sheet. Combine oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper; brush over both sides of skins. Bake at 475 degrees F for 7 minutes; turn. Bake until crisp, about 7 minutes more. Sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese inside skins. Bake 2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and onions. Serve immediately.