The strands of a baked spaghetti squash are tossed with feta cheese, sauteed vegetables, olives, and basil.
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise
- and seeded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- 2.Place spaghetti squash cut sides down on the prepared baking sheet, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance. Remove squash from oven, and set aside to cool enough to be easily handled.
- 3.Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic, and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, and cook only until tomatoes are warm.
- 4.Use a large spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash, and place in a medium bowl. Toss with the sauteed vegetables, feta cheese, olives, and basil. Serve warm.
Servings Per Recipe: 6 ,Calories: 147 ,Amount Per Serving :,Total Fat: 9.8g ,Cholesterol: 17mg ,Sodium: 269mg ,Total Carbs: 12.8g ,Dietary Fiber: 1g ,Protein: 4.1g ,:,